My relationship with Jesus became much more intimate, and my faith life, and life in general, was changed because of my relationship with His Mother. You can read a little of how that change was inspired here.
Praying and meditating on the Rosary transformed my life, and could transform yours, too.
Many people ask me about the Rosary, and do not understand why someone would pray to Mary, and not just directly to Jesus. Although I am a cradle Catholic, I had the same questions for many years.
Until I was personally led by the Holy Spirit to meditate and pray the Rosary.
By opening my heart to Our Lord’s Blessed Mother, I was enveloped in her motherly love for me, and in and through that love, was drawn closer and closer to her Son. Once I realized in my soul that Mary is actually the Mother of God, the mother of Jesus, my heart was then opened to the knowledge that she is also my mother. (think about it…if you believe that Jesus is the Son of God the Father and Mary, and God is also your Father (thus Jesus is your brother) …then it is logical to know that Mary is your Mother. As our Mother, wouldn’t it be true that she would want what is best for us? That she would want to guide us toward Jesus…our Savior? That she would intercede for us to her Son, as she did at the wedding in Cana?
While praying the Rosary, there are four sets of Mysteries that are reflected on. With prayerful meditation, these mysteries are life changing. For information and instruction on how to pray the rosary click here.
In the chance that my meditations may be a blessing to you, I thought I would share some of my personal reflections associated with each one. I certainly do not wish to insinuate that these thoughts are doctrines or formal teachings of the Catholic Church. These thoughts are personal revelations or enlightenments to me, through the Holy Spirit.
The Lord will reveal Himself to you, personally, as you pray the Holy Rosary.
There are four sets of mysteries that are used for meditation on certain days of the week. The Joyful Mysteries are said on Monday and Saturday. Today is Monday, so I will start there.
There are five meditations associated with the Joyful Mysteries. I will cover each one.
- The Annunciation Luke 1:26-38 (For the love of humility) Dear Lord, please help me to live my life with perfect trust in You, just as Mary did. Help me to be your vessel…to have the openness to God’s will and the humility of Mary. Help me to trust in you completely, even when not understanding the situation or where it may take me. Allow me to say and have faith in Mary’s words, “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.”
- The Visitation Luke 1:39-56 (For charity toward my neighbor) Dear Lord, please help me to be a vessel, allowing your light and love to flow from me to the ones you place in my life. Guide me to be understanding of the needs of my loved ones, and also any person that you place on my path. You are perfect love. I can never be enough myself to love your children the way that you do. I can never fill the holes in their hearts or heal all that troubles them. I ask that you fill my heart with You, and pour your love through me, even when I am unaware of the miracle taking place. Help me to learn to love as you love, to see as you see, to hear as you hear. Help me to have the spirit and faith of Mary, “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.”
- The Nativity Luke 2:8-14 (For love of God) Dear Lord, please help me to remember that You were born into our world in poverty…placed in a manger, lovingly and with full trust in your providence, by Joseph and Mary. Help me to understand the importance of family, and that the strength of the family is dependent on the foundation of God and His Truth, Love, and Mercy. Help me to be open to your Love, so that I can be a reflection of You, to my family and friends. And as I fall short, please work through me.
- The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple Luke 2:22-35 Luke 2:39-40 (For a Spirit of Sacrifice) Dear Lord, help me to always offer my life, my marriage, and my family to you, that you will use our lives to further your kingdom. When I was a young mother, I did not understand the beauty of sacrifice, and I selfishly wanted to keep my children for my own, only seeking their happiness in this world, and holding back from presenting them and myself to you…for your purpose. I ask that you fill in for my ignorance and selfishness, and ask that you infuse us all with your presence, while guiding us in your light, and in your purpose. Help us to use the difficulties in this life to bring us closer to you, and help me to remember to present myself to you each and every day, for you to work through.
- The Finding of Jesus in the Temple Luke 2:41-52 (For zeal for the Glory of God) Dear Lord, help me to always desire to be in your presence. You knew that you belonged in your Father’s house. Help me to have trust and faith that I too belong in my Father’s house. Help me to always invite you into my heart, to fill me with your love, mercy, wisdom, joy, and understanding, to help me and my life glorify the Father.
May your day be blessed in the love and light of Jesus, Our Lord. May your heart be touched through these Joyful Mysteries.
Please feel free to comment with any questions.
Pray the Rosary A Saint Joseph Edition A wonderful little pamphlet.