This is the third in the series of “How Praying the Rosary Changed my Life.” Please click here for the background of how I was led to The Rosary, and also to learn about The Joyful and Sorrowful Mysteries.
Today I will cover the Glorious Mysteries, which are prayed on Wednesday and Sunday.
My prayer is that The Holy Spirit will open your heart to these great mysteries, and fill you with the love, joy, and peace of Our Lord, Jesus.
There are five meditations associated with the Glorious Mysteries. I will cover each one.
- The Resurrection Mt 28:1-7 (For the desire of a Strong Faith) Dear Lord, through your glorious triumph over death, help me to constantly desire a stronger faith. Too many times I focus on the darkness and evil in this world, thus allowing myself to be entangled and attached to it. Help me to focus on the beauty of your love, and your triumph over death, allowing me the opportunity to bask in the truth of your saving grace. You are my savior. Help me to overcome fear and find solace in you, through you, and with you.
- The Ascension Luke 24:50-53 Acts 1:10-11 Mk 16:19-20 (For the desire of the Virtue of Hope) Lord Jesus, thank you for allowing your disciples to witness your glorious ascension into heaven… taking your place at the right hand of God. Through the eyes of faith, allow me to fully hope and trust that you are preparing a place for me, so that I can be with you forever.
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit John 14:26 Acts 1:5-8 Acts 2:1-6 Acts 2:38-41 (For the desire of Zeal for the Glory of God) Dear Lord, so many times I try to find happiness through the ways of the world, and through my own limited perceptions. Please help me to realize that my real, true happiness can only come from you… for your love, power, and glory are endless. Fill me with a strong desire for you, that my life and the desires of my heart may glorify you. Thank you for the gift of your Holy Spirit…and help me to stay open to only you; that my heart be filled with your loving and merciful presence.
- The Assumption of Mary Rev 12:1 Judith 15:9-10 The Assumption (For the Desire of Grace for a Holy Death) Dear Jesus, thank you for the gift of your Blessed Mother. Through Mary, help me to be drawn closer to you, because her heart is forever joined with yours. Through her humility, great love, gentleness, and sinless example to me, help me to trust in your grace for a holy life and a holy death.
- The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Luke 1:46-49 Coronation of Mary (For the desire for a Greater Love for the Blessed Virgin Mary) Dear Lord, thank you for bringing me closer to your Blessed Mother…my mother. Since I have been powerfully drawn to her through the Rosary, my faith and my life have been completely transformed. She loves me, and loves all of us, with the intense love of a mother for her children. And her love is one with yours…so I am being drawn closer and closer to you. Thank you.
Pray the Rosary A Saint Joseph Edition A wonderful Little Pamphlet
For information on how to pray the rosary…click here.
May your day be blessed in the love and light of Jesus, Our Lord. May your heart be touched through these Glorious Mysteries.
Please feel free to comment with any questions or thoughts.