This is the fourth in the series of “How Praying the Rosary Changed my Life.” Please click here for the background of how I was led to The Rosary, and also to learn about The Joyful, Sorrowful, and and Glorious Mysteries.
Today I will cover the Luminous Mysteries, which are prayed on Thursday.
My prayer is that The Holy Spirit will open your heart to these great mysteries, and fill you with the love, joy, and peace of Our Lord, Jesus.
There are five meditations associated with the Luminous Mysteries. I will cover each one.
- The Baptism of Jesus Matthew 3:13-17 (For the Desire to Live my Baptismal Promises) Dear Lord, you did not need to be baptized…for you are God. Thank you for submitting to your Father, and allowing John to baptize you. How unworthy he must have felt. However, you accepted his baptizing you, in total love and humility. We hear our Father’s words, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Help me Lord, to follow in your foot steps. Even though I am unworthy due to my sin, help me to always look to you to help me to live my baptismal promises. To live my faith each and every day.
- The Wedding at Cana John 2:1-11 (For the Desire to do Whatever Jesus Says) Lord, thank you for performing your first public miracle at the wedding in Cana. The first thing I think of, is that you and your Mother were celebrating a holy marriage! Imagine the wonder and joy of having God Himself in attendance of their wedding feast! Help me to understand that it was your Mother that informed you that there was no wine. She interceded for the need of the wedding hosts, and when you answered that your time had not come…she proceeded to tell the servants to “Do whatever he tells you.” It is the same when I bring my needs, prayers, and sufferings to Mary. She intercedes on my behalf to you…guiding me to “Do whatever he says.”
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God Mark 1:14-15 Matthew 5:3-12 (For the Desire of God’s Forgiveness) Dear Lord, help me to know that your kingdom is as close as my own heart. Help me to open my heart to you, always desiring that you fill me with your love and mercy. Help me to stay strong in this world that we are living in…allowing my eyes to be open to your truth and to be very aware of the existence of sin. Please help me to seek your forgiveness and mercy for my own sins, and also that I may look at others who are living in darkness, with that same love and mercy.
- The Transfiguration Matthew 17:1-8 (For the Desire to be a New Person in Christ) Dear Lord, thank you for revealing your glory through your transfiguration…allowing us humans to experience the glory and radiance of your Godhead. Help me to always look to you to transform me into a completely new person in you. Thank you for infusing my heart with your love, and shining your love through me.
- The Institution of the Eucharist Luke 22:7-20 John 6:50-53 (For the Desire for Active Participation at Mass) Lord Jesus, we are so blessed in the privilege and honor of celebrating Mass and receiving the Holy Eucharist…your body and blood. Please help me to always remember, that each and every Mass is a miracle, for you are truly there among us. Help me to realize that it is your precious body and blood that I receive…making us one. You are in me and I in you. We are joined together. Thank you for inviting me to your table, The Lamb’s Supper.
Pray the Rosary A Saint Joseph Edition A wonderful little Pamphlet
For information on how to pray the rosary…Click here
May your day be blessed in the love and light of Jesus, Our Lord. May your heart be touched through these Luminous Mysteries.
Remember, that these meditations come from my own heart. When you pray the rosary, the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth of the mysteries directly to you. Please feel free to comment with any questions or thoughts.