1. Defending Your Faith Tim Staples The most common charge non-Catholic Christians make against the Catholic Church is that the tenets of Catholicism are man-made and unbiblical. If you are searching for the truth about the Catholic faith, or if you would like to be able to answer these charges biblically, you will want to watch this video. Interesting and packed with information.
2. God’s Not Dead The film will educate, entertain, and inspire you to explore what you really believe about God, igniting important conversations and life-changing decisions. How far would you go to defend your belief in God?
3. Bernadette Story of St. Bernadette and the apparitions of Our Lady of Lourdes. Very beautiful and inspiring movie about St. Bernadette.
4. The Passion of Bernadette This film tells the rest of the story of Bernadette’s life after the Marian visions – the life that made Bernadette a saint. The movie reveals incessant illness and suffering that St. Bernadette patiently, even cheerfully endured throughout her life in the convent, often repeating her prayer to “suffer and offer it to God.” She went to her eternal reward in 1879, at the age of 35. When her body was exhumed many years later, it was found to be incorrupt. Today she lays in rest in a glass case in the chapel of the Sisters of Nevers, where millions have come to see “the little saint of Lourdes.”
5. The Reluctant Saint Maximilian Schell stars as “the flying friar”, St. Joseph of Cupertino, in this heartwarming and amazing true story of the humble Franciscan friar who literally rose to sainthood. This movie shows how God chose a simple-uneducated man to become a saint.
6. Padre Pio Miracle Man This movie captures the Capuchin friar’s intense faith and devotion, and deep spiritual concern for others, as well as his great compassion for the sick and suffering. It reveals the amazing details and events in Padre Pio’s life as a boy and throughout his 50 years as a friar, dramatizing the frequent attacks of the Devil on him, as well as the persecution he suffered at the hands of people, including those in the church.
7. October Baby Inspiring coming-of-age story about self-discovery and the healing power of forgiveness. Newcomer Rachel Hendrix stars as Hannah, a college student whose world is shattered when she discovers her parents have kept a life-changing secret from her that will force her to question who she truly is. Powerful pro-life message.
8. Meant to Be This is a touching story of a young man on a quest to find his birth mother. The story captures the imagination of the viewer and introduces occasional mysterious touches which are explained at the end of the film. Very meaningful movie.
9. Extreme Mercy The amazing story of Father Donald Calloway’s conversion. I would recommend this film as a MUST SEE FOR ALL. His story of conversion from a dark and evil existence offers hope to all who are floundering, and offers strength of purpose to those who already know God. Watch this testimony…you will not be sorry…and you will want to share with others. (his book is featured on my “Favorite Books” page.
10. Mother Teresa Powerful portrayal of Mother Teresa’s story, the selfless missionary who brought love and hope to the poorest of the poor. This film conveys what true love and Christianity is all about.
11. The Truth Exposed This is a very intriguing film featuring five converts to Catholicism — Scott Hahn, Marcus Grodi, Jeff Cavins, Joetta and Larry Lewis. Each has a unique and inspiring story to tell of his road to Rome and what he had to overcome to become a Catholic. An amazing film that will strengthen Catholics in their faith, and help non-Catholics learn and understand the journey home to the Catholic Church. All were inspiring stories of faith; Jeff Cavins’ story touched my heart deeply.
12. War Room From the award-winning creators of Fireproof and Courageous comes WAR ROOM, a compelling drama that explores the power that prayer can have on marriages, parenting, careers, friendships, and every other area of our lives. This is a must see for anyone wanting to strengthen their marriage, or anyone wanting to help the people in their lives or the state or the culture they live in. KNOW your enemy. And KNOW your Savior and Protector!
13. Woodlawn In 1973, a spiritual awakening captured the heart of nearly every player on the Woodlawn High School football team. Their dedication to love and unity, in a newly desegregated school filled with racism and hate, leads to the largest high school football game ever played in the torn city of Birmingham, Alabama, and the rise of superstar, Tony Nathan. Very inspirational and true story of faith and love. Absolutely LOVED this movie!
14. Common Ground What can Catholics and Evangelical Protestants learn from each other? What are the main points of contention and what are the points of agreement? This program offers a candid and revealing discussion between a Catholic priest and an Evangelical pastor who seek to answer those provocative questions. Produced by Kensington Community Church as part of their ministry to foster Christian understanding and unity, this program respectfully examines the similarities and differences between Catholic and Protestant belief.
1. Born Again? Faith Alone? CD Stephen Ray discusses salvation, the authentic biblical understanding of being “born again”, and how we are saved by faith, but not “faith alone”. He goes all the way back to Abraham to show that we are saved by faith and obedience to all that Christ demands of us. A MUST HAVE FOR CATHOLICS AND ALL WHO ARE “BIBLE BELIEVERS” on being born again.
2. Switching Sides CD Jennifer Fulwiler (converted from Atheism) explains how her original support for abortion was based on love (and lies). Through sound logic and scientific proof, Jennifer chronicles how she came to accept the truth about abortion.
3. No Price Too High CD The conversion of a Pentecostal Pastor and his Congregation. Reverend Alex Jones promised his congregation a real New Testament worship service. To prepare, he studied the works of the early Church Fathers. The astonishing events that followed culminated not only in his conversion to the Catholic Faith, but also that of 42 members of his flock. Awesome testimony and information regarding the Catholic Church; very appropriate for Catholics with a desire for more knowledge of their Faith, and also for those searching for The Truth.
4. Rising Above CD At nine years old, John O’Leary was involved in a horrific incident and was given only a one percent chance to survive. Today, nearly three decades later, he travels the world teaching others how to truly live. In this presentation, John draws on his life’s experience to intimately illustrate how God often uses our greatest challenges to positively transform our lives. Deeply touching and inspirational for all.
5. Confessions of a Mega- Church Pastor CD Based on his powerful new book, Allen Hunt shares the insights and details of his 15-year journey into the Catholic Church. In 2007, Allen stepped aside as pastor of a Methodist congregation that served more than 15,000 persons each week. He entered the Catholic Church in 2008. His daily talk radio show is heard by over half a million listeners and is syndicated on 140 stations nationwide.
6. Signs of Life CD In this informative and dynamic presentation, Dr. Scott Hahn guides us to a deeper faith through the Old Testament historical roots that underlie Catholic beliefs and practices. Dr. Hahn clears up common misconceptions about specific liturgical rituals and traditions, and responds thoughtfully to the objections raised about them.
7. The New Conversation – Changing Hearts and Minds on Abortion Wow…Stephanie Gray has a powerful way of advocating for those who cannot speak for themselves. She talks about the dignity of the human person through both a human rights and biblical lens. You don’t want to miss this one!
8. Real Womanhood by Lisa Cotter CD Lisa Cotter gives womanhood true meaning! Her humor and candor reminds us that our identity is found in God’s design for us – to offer the feminine genius to our own generation.
I will be adding to this list, so check back often:-) Please let me know if there are any CDs or books you feel drawn to and are unable to purchase. I have some duplicate copies and would be happy to send to you whenever possible.
May God bless you on your journey.